Motor Vehicle Concession
CRITERIA FOR DUTY CONCESSION ON FARM VEHICLES
- The qualifying criteria should be based on levels of production/output instead of merely number of acres, colonies, etc. Accordingly, it was decided that annual gross return from the agricultural enterprises of the applicant should not be less than $250,000.00.
- To reduce abuse of the system, incentives should only be given as a reward for production. A mere statement of intention to produce is not sufficient.
- With a minimum of $250,000.00 annual return being the basic criteria, the other conditions recommended are:
|Food Crops||3 acres|
|Nurseries Production and Ornamental||5 acres|
|Cattle||30 feedlot or 30 head (pasture) dairy milking cows|
|Pigs||50 fatteners, 10
|Fish Farm||1 acre (ponds)|
|Sugar Cane||10 acres|
4. Type of Lease Document to be Accepted
Lease Agreement should be for at least five (5) years. This agreement should be witnessed by a Justice of the Peace (J.P.) with supporting, current Tax Receipt and drawn up on a proper format. Original documents are to be viewed by the Parish Agricultural Manager (PAM), and PAM to certify that he has seen them.
5. CRITERIA FOR MORE THAN ONE VEHICLE
There is a limit on the number of motor vehicle waivers which can be assessed in any given year and only once every five years according to the farm size;
- Small farms (1-10 acres) can access 1 motor vehicle every 5 years.
- Medium sized farms (11-50 acres) can access 2 vehicles every 5 years
- Large farms (over 50 acres) can access 3 motor vehicles every 5 years
6. Qualifying vehicles for the duty waiver
- Trucks, commonly known as pick-ups, using gasoline with a restriction of 3000cc rating
- Trucks, commonly known as pick-ups, using diesel fuel with a restriction of 3200cc rating.